Thursday, July 27, 2006

Memory Lane 90's style

Another rainy afternoon here in good ol’ James Island, SC. It is still hot as Hades but we’re stuck inside anyway.
I’m cruising around itunes (filling up for D- day) using up the last of my credit when I happen to stumble upon an itunes 90s slow jamz essentials mix. Man, hearing some snippets of these [early 90s] songs bring back some memories! 28 (to me) is not old in the slightest, but damn, I was a love sick teenager forever ago..lmao. Wearing Cross Colors and Kswiss (awful), hanging out trying unsuccessfully to pick up boys at the mall.
Here are a few tunes that summon the spirits of awkward adolescent infatuation:
“Sweet Thang” by Mary J Blige- I’m hanging out on my girlfriend Serena’s front porch swooning for NW boys on a hot summer evening
“I Miss You” by Aaron Hall- 16 and crying myself asleep (idiot!) listening to a mix tape from my first “love” as I spend 2 weeks in Trinidad on vacation with my mother
“Anniversary” by Tony! Toni! Tone!- hanging out at Wheaton Library and rec center
“I’ll Make Love To You” by Boys II Men- my first boyfriend taking me to my high school homecoming dance
Man! I blush! I’m grateful that I was too fearful of my mother’s wrath (also I was painfully shy) that I was pretty well behaved...most of the time (when I met my teacher, Yvonne).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Achieving top seeded amature status since 2005