Monday, July 17, 2006

Snail Mail

Today I received two snail mail letters from my pen pals Kismet and Eileen. I was tickled! My correspondence movement is actually seeming to work.
Correspondence movement, you ask. Is two people mailing me letters hardly a movement? I say you bet your sweet letter writing a$$! I am hopeful that they have a roll of stamps and want to write to others.
I just love sending and receiving letters through the mail. They can come from a friend who lives or far (the hubby once sent me a postcard from Columbia, SC when he was up there for all of 2 hours). Postcards. Funny Hallmark cards. Dollar store cards. Even home made cards (which I love to send). I dig ‘em all equally the most!
I believe that people have forgotten the beauty of a hand written note in the days of cellphones and email (which I find impersonal and rushed most of the time. That’s the point of ‘em, right). I know that not everyone has the time available to catch up on their correspondence as I, but really how hard is it to drop someone a postcard? The two letters I received today were on 3 x 4"paper. Short and definitely sweet. It says something to me that this person actually sat down, thought of me and wrote out their tidings. Does that not make you warm and fuzzy?!
Who do you send to? Anyone. A long lost friend (which is next on my agenda); a parent or sibling; an old school teacher that you just want to say “thanks” to, or anyone in your email list.
I remember writing letters to my cousin Katina when we were kids. I remember hounding my mother for stamps. I even participated in a pen pal program in elementary school.
Anyway, I just hope they keep writing me and I find some other friends to do the same. It’s the simple things in life that make it splendid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Achieving top seeded amature status since 2005