Sunday, March 26, 2006

Goulash is No More

Today i found my beloved cat Goulash lying dead in my driveway. I do not believe that he ran out into the busy street for he was the biggest pu$$y (even though he was known to attack the occational snake). We have reason to believe that he fell out of a tree and broke his neck for he wasn't the best climber (this is the first place we lived where he's ever had trees to climb).
I cried and cried and cried. We had a love/ hate relationship. He was a terror that loved to meow at your window sill at 4 am because he needs more food or he just needed more affection. He climbed screens at 6am making a person believe there was a burglar lurking. God i miss that silly cat.
He picked me at a Maryland SPCA (paw in my hair as i was inspecting a litter of kittens below him). It was an impulse adoption and he was a perfect fit. He was filled with personality and he never bit or scratched (that is if you weren't touching his belly). Tug his tail ever so lightly and he sat forever by your side.
My first pet is now gone and i couldn't be more bummed. I broke down at Walmart (as the hubby buried him in our backyard); at the Goodwill donation center; my neighbor's driveway; and a handfull of phone calls. My daughter walked up to crestfallen body and gave me the biggest hug. That of course made me cry too. I'm a crier.
So that makes it 2 beloved cats buried in my back yard since October with my other 2 cats running around somewhere (the hubby swears he saw one of 'em today).
Goulash, you crazy f*ckin' feline. Here's to you. I miss ya already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Achieving top seeded amature status since 2005