Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Paper Mache Fun!

I have been nesting these last few weeks and in the process have finally started crafting again. I'm trying to decorate my home with my handy work so that it brings life to my beautiful blue and brown walls.
Tada! Paper Mache! I should have discovered it years ago!
I bought wheat (wall paper) paste last week for $3.08 at Ace Hardware during an afternoon stroll to the grocery store. Balloons were $.97 at Walmart and i raided the Dollar Tree (a crafters' heaven!)for tissue paper, paintbrush and bucket.
As you can see, i have down a few. The only problem is that when i deflated one of the balloons once the paper mache was completely dry, it collapsed. I tried to apply another coat of tissue paper but it began to look like a decapitated puppet. I wonder what i'm doing wrong? I'll be bummed if all of these have similar results.

1 Comments:

Blogger vintage lilac said...

It sounds like there might not be enough layers of tissue for strength? I dunno, let us know how they work out!

They are very cute! Now I want to make some! What exactly are you doing with them? They look fabulous hanging but it looks like there might be lights inside? They remind me of those chinese paper lanterns. I love those things. Great. One more project on my list now. :-)

Amy

9:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Achieving top seeded amature status since 2005