Thursday, February 16, 2006

Nothing Like Insomnia...

Nothing like insomnia to get the creative juices flowing. I laid in bed with my husband at the ripe hour of 9:45pm and at almost 11pm i decided to head to the computer room and play some Bubble Bobble and play with my favorite art program since i was far from sleepy. The heartburn surely didn't help either.
One of my hobbies is digital art using any program (Corel 9- yea its old but still new to me after 6 years; Paintshop Pro- had this years before the Corel; Publisher; PictureIt- another old program; Windows Paint). My digital work is my baby and i think i can really do something with it one day (aka make some cash off of it). I guess i'm aiming for Top Seeded amateur status when it comes to my work. I am really proud of the images i create based on a simple idea that floated around in my head like a grape frozen in jello (yummm...jello).
I don't think i am a very good painter even though i have tried and tried again. My drafting skills come off quite cartoony- i don't mind. I have been researching illustrators at the library and the net and i am amazed that it is a legitimate art form. My mosaicing is pretty awesome but very messy to do. But alas, i always go back to my computerized canvas.
I make cards (birthday, birth announcements, moving, valentine's day, etc.,) all the time. I made journals and planners (that took months of planning). I even had a newsletter that i sent out several years ago called the Wilfong Weekly..lmao. It was hilarious! it gave me an outlet to show my family and friends my work whilst informing them of what's up in the world of me.
Tonite's inspiration was Isabella, Hearts and Flowers. I call this my Isy Garden. I'm going to try and get this made into a fridge magnet. I saw something on how to do it on Crafters Coast to Coast a couple of years ago. We'll see. OMG. I think that was a yawn. I'm going to go to try and sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Achieving top seeded amature status since 2005