Thursday, February 02, 2006

Read: Jennifer Weiner

I am back to my reading! I have finished 2 books since the new year- that's more than what i read last year..lol. I recently finished Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner. Wonderful! I read all 400 pages in 4 days..lol. The book follows several women through their early journeys of motherhood (the magic, the loss, the stress). Read it! You won't be sorry. It has something for everyone. I feel [an imaginary] closeness to Ms. Weiner. Back in Maryland, i went to her book signing for her first novel "good in bed". I was working as a receptionist/ admin asst at the Associated Press and one day Andie MacDowell came by for an interview. She saw my book and said that it had a catchy title. We spoke briefly about it. "you reckon it'll be a movie?" she asked in her thick Carolina accent. I immediately emailed Ms. Weiner and she responded with "janelle, you are my hero"! A week later was her book signing and she actually remembered me and thanked me in front of a crowd of people! I was so excited that i vowed to read EVERYTHING she wrote. Last year she had a film come out based on her novel titled In Her Shoes. I didn't get a chance to see until last night (watched it twice!) and i really hope that Good in Bed and Little Earthquakes also make it to the big (or small) screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Achieving top seeded amature status since 2005