Saturday, March 25, 2006

I dub thee Poof

I'm on a roll. Thank God for insomnia or i wouldn't get anything done. I made these thingies i call "Poofs". They are built similar to Furbies but minus all the puff and stuff..lol.
I've been constructing them in 3 hour, or so, blocks for the last several days. My first came out kinda scary but the more i practiced, the better the result. I had a genius idea to fill them not only with the stuffing (Walmart $5) and the tiny bean like pasta- used to weigh it down at the base , but with some scent.
Off to Earthfare to purchase lovely lavender and Walmart for those $.85 packets of scent (apple & Cinnamon and Rose Petals). For another touch, i had these pewter engraved thingies (jewelry making supplies at Hancock Fabricks attached by a ribbon. I sewed it all up and viola! It's an attractive scent thingy perfect for the car, office, bathroom or where ever the heck you want to put it..lol.
The pattern consisted of 3 sides (equal), a face and base. You can make it yourself it's so easy (i did on some left over brown paper bags). Felt was a wonderful fabric to use since it's cheap, easy to sew and i had a $hit load left over from a craft project from 18 months ago..lol.
I used embroidery thread to do the eyes and mouth (I have so much thread leftover from the Christmas Quitlts i never finished). I think i may experiment with it. Embroidery is easier than i thought (third time's a charm).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Achieving top seeded amature status since 2005