Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Cheaper by the Dozen

This afternoon's movie was Cheaper by the Dozen starring Bonnie Hunt and Steve Martin. I've seen the 1950's original but this "remake" just shares the title. It was really funny and will definitely make an appearance in my DVD library (It has Tom Welling in it too. Can you say yumm?!?!)
I have to say that the large family appeals to me. My father had 12 brothers and sisters growing up. My mom had 7. Both in on a tiny, beautiful island in the Caribbean. Isn't that awesome?! I was born into an immediate family that gave me one brother who was 7 years older (can you say big brother bully?..lol). Its not that i was unsatisfied with having a small family, but i always felt like i should of been born in a family of like 10 kids..lol
In all the stories i wrote as a child, i had them take place in huge families that lived and worked together. Got along like the gosh darn Brady Bunch. Now that i'm beginning my own family, i wonder about how many will we actually have.
I have been advised by few that i should stop after this next one, especially if it's a boy, but you wanna know a secret: I want as many as God will let me pop out. I do understand that it takes a great responsibility (and cash flow) to support a large family (we're eccentric, not dumb).
I don't know how many women can say this but i say it with the strongest conviction that i was born to be a mom (i actually love being pregnant..lmao). I adore my family. Anywhere with them is my favorite place to be. People try to discourage us about having a big family with horror stories and negativity. It is understood that it is coming from a place of love [maybe] but how can you tell two people who are up to the responsibility that they shouldn't do something? That just sucks! Shouldn't they be proud and supportive that we are not popping out kids and not caring two cents about 'em? I say {censored} to those people.
Maybe we'll only have 2 or 3. Possibly 5 or 6. I don't know. We'll see what happens in the end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Achieving top seeded amature status since 2005