Sunday, April 02, 2006

Who's Afraid of the Dark?

Tonight's homemade feast: Chicken Tenders and Mac 'n' Cheese followed by banana splits for dessert. My God, i am so full and am afraid to lay down for bed.
Why am i afraid you ask? One word- nightmares."Hello everyone. I'm afraid of the dark".
The hubby kinda scolded me last night for having too many lights on when it comes time for bed. For the last several weeks i've been turning on an extra light attempting to sneak some infantile comfort in the pitch black bed room. The walls are chocolate so when the lights are off its dark as a cave. I don't dig that.
On nights like tonight, when i have had a HUGE meal that hasn't exactly settled by "lights out", i always seem to have nightmares. I wake up sweating and scared and all i want is some reassurance that the monsters are in fact imaginary. Is that too much to ask?..lol
I use to sleep to the flickering lights of a television set growing up (..okay. Until the hubby and I started shacking up almost 7 years ago. He didn't need to know i was that crazy yet). That was the luxury of having my own room. In college, my roommate didn't mind a night light (but i only lasted not even half way through my second year in dorm life so i got away with it for another 2 years).
Presently, the hubby has taken a paper route that begins his days (everyday) at 1:15am. "i need to go to sleep, baby". He whines. So i took the hall light off; the bathroom light off; and moved the tiny lamp- made for a child no less (ps...i know i'm a pu$$y. I'm not too proud to share it) into the closet. It's not a lot of light, but its enough to sooth me like a security blanket. I understand that the nightlight is a crutch and at almost 30, i should be able to sleep peacefully in the darkness...but don't you see that shadow moving in the corner?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Achieving top seeded amature status since 2005