Thursday, August 10, 2006

Counting Blessings

Notices and bills flow in and I cannot help but feel overwhelmed. Wait. Overwhelmed is not the appropriate word for it is only the little things that are getting to me in my crazed hormonal state.
Today as I drove to pay my $211 utility bill (what the heck is the winter bills gonna look like?) I started to panic. I had no one to talk to. I felt the stitch start to creep across my chest as the toddler unbuckled one of her seat belts for the third time in 10 minutes (thank God it’s one of those newfangled harnesses). I said a prayer and something told me to start counting my blessings. So I counted until I couldn’t even remember why I was stressed in the first place.

  • My beautiful family
  • 21 days ‘til our new addition
  • The roof over our heads
  • Homemade Fettucini Alfredo waiting for me at home
  • That I could even pay that wretched bill
  • Tonight when the hubby comes home we can watch House together.
    To name a few. It worked and we had a fun spell at the library reading. **sigh**

  • 0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    Achieving top seeded amature status since 2005