Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Brokeback Mountain Sucked

I finally got to see Brokeback Mountain, and can i say that i was absolutely disappointed. What in the hell was all the hype for?!
i was expecting this rhapsodical tale of star crossed lovers. It turned out to be a predictable anticlimatic movie about two insipid dudes in love. 2 dudes that i personally believe lacked on- screen chemistry and i just didn't buy it. I love a good unconventional love story, but this film was nothing but hype. It was an oversensationalized, trite love story (if you wanna see an unconventional love story, watch Tipping the Velvet. That was real good).
It started off real...blah...then Boom! Heath is butt f-ing Jake. WTF?! It came out of NOWHERE!!!! It was almost too in your face and out of place. I realistically could not see it. There were no flirtaous looks. Or an accidental hand slip. There was one scene where Jake witnesses Heath washing himself, but that was like it. I'm still shaking my head.
I will not be surprised if i am in the minority here of persons who disliked the picture (the homophobs don't count), but what was so special about this picture? I personally believe that the only reason that this film got all the attenton and glory was because it was a mainstream film about an alternative (and often time secretive) lifestyle. For the public to finally say, "okay, i can go to the movies and not care that the protagonist is homosexual," That's awsome, but for that alone i applaud the film.
So i give the film a big fat thumbs down. I won't recommend anyone see it. I won't even watch it again (2hrs + hours i will never get back). The film took place in a captivating enviornment, but i don't believe Ang Lee deserved that Oscar. Sorry.
I did though love the cast. I was so surprised that i had a Freaks and Geeks alumn; Anne Hathaway (OMG I saw the Princess' boobies. I'm totally shocked.);Randy Quaid- who is actually suing which is dumb 'cause he was in the film for a grand total of 5 minutes in a forgettable role; Anna Faris (MD represent!!) and Michelle Williams who i've admired since If These Walls Could Talk 2 and The Station Agent (i hated that Dawson's Creek crap).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Achieving top seeded amature status since 2005