Sunday, May 07, 2006

Marble Slab Yummy

I made a delicious low fat dinner for my family:

  • lightly caramelized (1t rather than 1T of b.sugar) onions and red peppers (julianed)
  • grilled a boneless, skinless chicken breast.
  • alfredo sauce- 4T unsalted butter, 4Tcorn starch, 1tkosher salt, pepper and enough milk to desired consistancy

  • So yum. Then for dessert I made my favorite fresh fruit pudding cake from Gourmet magazine using pears and strawberries. Too good.
    The next that came along was a scorcher so the babe and I visited Marble Slab Creamery. I conviently live only a 3 min drive away. I took into account that we had such a “low-fat” reasonable portion sized dinner and dessert the night before that Marble Slab was an okay choice (denial, denial, denial).
    “May I please have Strawberry, birthday cake and cream cheese ice cream with rainbow sprinkles and, oooooh!, can I have a banana and strawberries mixed in that too please”? I said salivating. “And some Heath bar crumbs too”!
    It looked soooooo beautiful as she smooshed it all together on the icy marble slab. “I’m not a glutton, I’m pregnant,” I added since I was feeling quite greedy after I requested that she please put some whipped cream on it too..lmao. Hey, I know what your thinking (what the hell were you smoking?!), but it was worth it. If you have ever been to a Marble Slab you will understand how temptation is circulated through the vents. Besides, I shared some of it with my daughter as you can see.

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    Achieving top seeded amature status since 2005