Sunday, June 11, 2006

Crafting: Work Station for Office/Craft Room

I finally got a long table to go in the office. Craft room and it only cost us $36 in new materials at Lowes . I’m totally elated.The hubby let me actually help (eventhough he wouldn’t let me use any saws or anything remotely dangerous. He says “I don’t want to flirt with fate”) him prep and assemble to let me feel like I accomplished something.

  • First, I sanded the table top, and braces with an orbital sander on both sides.
  • 2, after wiping down the wood, we painted the first coat. Here we were lazy and didn’t prime it with Kilz.
  • 3, I sanded down the first coat once dry and repeated step 2.
  • 4, the hubby assembled the braces and attached it to the table top. With that completed all that was left was the legs (old pickets that I purchased 2 years ago at the Habitat for Humanity store for $1 each).

  • It now sits at the same level as the computer desk. I can’t wait to use it!!!

    0 Comments:

    Post a Comment

    << Home


    Achieving top seeded amature status since 2005