Monday, June 19, 2006

New Crafting Books

I’m totally in love with my new craft books! They rock my world of inspiration. ..lol
Yesterday we all ventured to Barnes and Nobles for a little R&R. There I bought (can’t leave empty handed) “Bazaar Bizarre” by Greg DerAnanian and “The Art of Resin Jewelry” by Sherri Haab excitedly.
“Bazaar Bizarre” I fell in love with at the first sentence:
I was but a wee flaming homosexual when my mother wisely took me under her wing...and so began my love affair with crafts.
Come on! Isn’t that a catch.
The book is real easy to follow despite containing not many pictures. There are crafts ranging from sock monkeys to hand-printed playing cards.
“The Art of Resin Jewelry” was the answer to my resin casting questions. I bought a resin craft book several years ago but it being printed in the UK it had names and suppliers that were useless to me. Also it was kinda advanced.
Haab’s book is very easy to follow and being published here in the US within the last 6 months, it truly is a find. I’ve been wanting to work with resin forever but was clueless on what to do. I have dabbled in glass working but that left many 2nd degree burns..lol. I find that resin crafting will have just as playful results but no fire will be involved (only toxic chemicals). Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Achieving top seeded amature status since 2005