Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Dumpster Diving Diva

I am a dumpster diver. Most of the contents of my home were orphans left to die due to such disposable times we live in. My dumpster diving is a trait that I inherited from my father who has been a proficient diver for many years now. He once found a coffee table scratched, covered in several layers of paint. Turns out it was a mahogany coffee table that just needed some restoring.
I use to be throughly embarrassed whenever he would stop his car dead in it’s tracks to pack away his new found treasure in the trunk. Now, my husband and I cruise around with our eyes open for any discarded riches. It’s amazing what people throw out...especially rich people. .lol
Recently, one morning, I went to the end of my driveway (dressed in rob sans shoes and my hair running array) to check the mail and in the distance was what seemed to be a stool in the distance. I quickly woke the hubby and made him fetch it.
What a find!
I plan on reapolstering it with a cloth fabric instead of the wretched vinyl that sticks to your ass if it’s hot. Paint the legs white and put it in my living room as one of those ottomon/ coffee table dealies that you can buy for like too much money. We’ll see. Wish me luck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Achieving top seeded amature status since 2005