Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Scrapbooking Warehouse

Scalding. Fervent. Sweltering. F*cking hot. That in a fiery nutshell can best describe today. And I drove 45 semi unproductive mins in it to the only craft stores in all of Charleston! I tried again (refer to July 15th entry) to head to AC Moores and Michaels in search of Gel Medium and some resin crafting supplies.
Let me tell you that AC Moores is beginning to get on my nerves. It should be renamed “Scrapbooking Warehouse” for they now dedicate 4 whole aisles to it. I’m not a fan of scrapbooking. I know many that love to do it but I just find that the Marketing machine has generated a whole overpriced industry that can easily be accomplished with construction paper, Dollar Store markers, scissors and glue. Why in the hell should one spend $12.50 on “ripped edge effect” ruler?!?! Come on! But I digress.
I didn’t find anything on the blistering journey to the Michaels next door but thankfully I wasn’t plowed over by college co-eds and others attempting to get that last “graduation” sticker packet.
I left $12 poorer on Gel Medium. The babe and I slept for 2 hours when we returned home..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Achieving top seeded amature status since 2005