Sunday, July 02, 2006

My Hair Did

I have made a vow to do more with my hair. As you remember some time ago I had my hair braided in french braids that flowed to my waist. Today I unsuccessfully attempted to get it done again. The [one of many] black woman’s dilemma (too much new growth) prevented me from getting it, so Tonya (a new to my stylist) hooked me up with a new do using my thick locks. I love it. I have been wanting to have my hair like this for years.
I’m contemplating a weave possibly. Just for fun. I use to make fun of black women who did that, but why am I “hatin’? It’s only hair. Like India.Arie says “I am not my hair”! It is an expression of your individuality and what am I all about? Individuality!..lmao
Besides, my hair has never been this short before in my life and I’m actually excited about having a hair stylist in SC that is not mucho expensive. I usually have to go back to DC to get my hair done. I will draw the line at hair sculpting; gold anything (blond too); and anything too outrageous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Achieving top seeded amature status since 2005